Sunday, January 3, 2010

Me and Photography



For the third day of my blog I would like to share with you my love for photography. Okay it might not technically fall under the category of style and lifestyle, but in my humble opinion I believe that without photographers we will not be able to enjoy the aesthetics of style and lifestyle. Through their lens we are able to see the world around us - faces and places - everything from the good, the bad and the ugly.

What started me into photography? For one I am basically an artist, I love to draw, I am mesmerized by colors and patterns that I see in everyday life, in nature, in people, in objects.

I enjoy these grand and small things: great architecture, colorful autumn leaves, a snow covered park, lush tropical mountains, ripples of the water, different ethnic faces, a beautiful face, an interesting wrinkly face, a flock of birds, corals, mighty waves, etc. the list never ends.

As the artist and photographer, I know that to capture these things in their simplicity or complexity would be awesome and to have it in my collection of pictures would be one of the best thrills in life. To share it with others is also my objective so that those that do not have the opportunity to see these things might be able to enjoy it vicariously through the pictures I shot (and hopefully they will like it too).

As I go on writing my blogs, I will do my best to share images that I shot which I (subjectively) find beautiful and/or interesting and share them with you. As the days go by we will travel around the world and I will pick up global influences and introduce you to the style culture of different countries. Let's have fun!

Photo Credits: Mystery of the Sphinx and St. Jean de Baptiste Stained Glass
Photographer: Alvin dela Pena

1 comment:

  1. Your passion for good and diversified photography is clear and evident.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...