Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Decade After: 9/11 A Celebration of Life

I am currently watching the reading of names of the 9/11 victims in New York city as I am writing this blog, I cannot help but be sad and shed genuine tears for the loss of innocent lives. I am reflecting a little bit as each of their surviving family members and friends were reading their names and saying short remarks about how they were missed, and some are even asking them for guidance from heaven. It tears my heart especially when the kids were reading the names of their moms, dads, aunts and uncles who were killed on that tragic day ten years ago. I could just imagine that they were still young kids at that time and some were still in their mom's womb. Yesterday I watched the solemn ceremony from Shanksville, PA where the brave American passengers stopped the terrorists from attacking the White House in DC.

I know that this infamous event changed us, it changed America and the whole world but for what it's worth I believe that it made America a much more stronger nation. This event brought the best in Americans particularly New Yorkers. It also made us aware that heroes and genuine friends live among us. They were the ones who gave up their lives so we may live and they are those that sacrificed their lives on the Shanksville plane crash. Bravo to the first responders of the FDNY, NYPD, religious clergy, EMS and ordinary people who acted with strong zeal and courage to help save lives that day!!! You will never be forgotten.

My blog today would like to condole with the loss of these innocent and good lives and yet I would also like on a much bigger scale to CELEBRATE THE LIFE of these victims (World Trade Center, Shanksville crash and the Pentagon). Life because I believe that each of the victims inspired us to be brave and to be always mindful how precious life is and that ordinary people can be heroes. I know that they are in a good place and I know that they will be with us forever. Let us respectfully mourn their loss, let us say a prayer and celebrate their life through their memories. God bless all of us!!!

PICTURE: For this article I used a photo of white flowers. I like the immaculate white flowers to symbolize purity and peace, life and hope and inspiration from the the victims of 9/11.

Photo: White Flowers of 9/11
Photographer: Alvin de la Pena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...