Monday, February 1, 2010

Sculpture


Sculpture is an artform. This artform is three dimensional and it uses materials that can be moulded or modulated. There are many types of sculpture such as light scuplture, jewelery, fountain sculpture, architectural sculpture to mention a few but in the days to come I would like to talk about statue sculptures. Statue sculpture is one of my favorite, it is a representationalist sculpture depicting people, events or animals and even abstract objects.

The materials are usually bronze, marble, limestone and granite. Statue sculptures can be seen in plazas, gardens, churches, palaces, mansions and even in some private houses. I will not go on detail on how a sculptor mixes and moulds the material but I will just discuss the different forms of statue sculpture from different regions and civilizations. I think this is one artform that might not be popular to many people and hopefully my small blog will open your eyes to the beauty of sculpture.

Photo Credit: Native American Museum, NYC
Photographer: Alvin dela Pena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...