Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Style Icon: Andy Warhol


Pop Art King Andy Warhol (1928-1987) is included in my list. In my own opinion Andy is not the authentic epitome of high fashion or expensive couture, but what is so cool about his style of dressing is that it is very real and he wears it well.

I like his choice of simple tops and the jeans or black pants that completes his look. One of my favorites is of him wearing black turtlenecks (sometimes matched with a body hugging leather jacket).

Unlike his art which was considered avant-garde during its time his fashion sense remained grounded and yet stylish. There was also a time when he spiked his hair when no male celebrity ever dared to do so and started sporting a pair of huge framed eyeglass or sunglasses, that is style!

My Style Icon Andy Warhol - "regular guy dressing" with a hint of quiet style.

Photo Credit: Andy Warhol Self Portrait 1980
Photographer: Andy Warhol
Photo Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobito/
Photo Courtesy: Tobitooo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...