Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Style Icon: Diana Vreeland


Doyenne of style and extravagant taste Diana Vreeland (1903-1989) is included in My Style Icons. What I like about her style is her consistent fashion sense. Her personality and animated character stands out regardless of whatever she wears and to me that is style. She can wear her clothes well even past her 70's.

I like her style of over-accessorizing as well. She wears tons of accesories to complete a certain look and yes she can pull everything together. The big earrings, the chokers and necklaces, the huge bracelets and her colorful palette is a fashion riot that is truly and only a trademark of Diana Vreeland.

Diana Vreeland who once dictated women how to dress is an original - she breathed fashion and she is fashion.

Photo: Diana Vreeland (Vogue, Dec. 1980)
Photographer: Deborah Turbeville

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...