Thursday, October 21, 2010

Roberto Cavalli


Cavalli designs in my opinion is the epitome of decadence. I like how his creations present the feel of luxury and extravagance in an edgy urban way. I really cannot exactly put my finger why I am saying this but that is how most of his creations register in my style I.Q. I do not think hardcore fashionistas will agree with me but hey that's what I feel about Cavalli. Yes I like his designs and in fact sometimes I forget that he is European, sometimes I think Cavalli is a young American designer with a whole lot of European edge to him. But at the end of the day, Italian fashion designer Roberto Cavalli is still one of the major designer/trendsetter to contend with in the international fashion scene.

Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence in 1940, and just like Versace and Biagiotti the young Roberto was the son of a tailor. At an early age he was exposed to fashion and sewing. His artistic side he definitely inherited from his impressionist painter grandfather Guiseppe Rossi. Cavalli's artistic skills as a painter are applied on his fabric designs. He is known to print on lightweight leather and he was great at patchwork.

Though he was in the fashion business since the early 1970's it was only in 1994 that Roberto Cavalli showed the world that he is one designer to be reckoned with. His first official collection wowed the press and the fashion set and the jet set. His creations were dubbed as sexy and extravagant and he is one of those designers that brought back the allure of the woman. He is running his fashion house with wife Eva Duringer. Roberto Cavalli designs for men, women, kids, underwear, casuals and home accessories. Labels: Roberto Cavalli Couture, Just Cavalli and Roberto Cavalli Class.

Photo Credit: Roberto Cavalli Couture 2010
Photo Source: Colombia Travel
Photo Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombia_travel/

Photo Credit: Roberto Cavalli Men
Photo Source: Krasfashion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...